Car - Train - Bus - Plane
Kufsteinerland is easily accessible by car as well as by train and plane. The airport cities of Innsbruck, Munich and Salzburg are about an hour’s drive away. Along with driving here, you can also easily reach us with convenient train and bus connections. The resorts in our region are all in very accessible locations, and can be reached by public buses from the Kufstein train station.
- Coming from the north (Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Britain, etc.) A8 towards Salzburg - at Inntal triangle onto the A93 towards Kufstein
- Coming from the west (Switzerland) A12 Inntal motorway towards Kufstein
- Coming from the east (Salzburg) via the A1 West motorway towards Salzburg – then via the A8 towards Munich - at Inntal triangle onto the A93 towards Kufstein
- Coming from the south (Italy) A22 towards Brenner - A13 towards Innsbruck - A12 Inntal motorway towards Kufstein
Kufstein Süd, Kufstein Nord, Oberaudorf, Kiefersfelden
Compulsory toll stickers:
All drivers on Austrian motorways and main roads are required to pay tolls. For vehicles up to and including 3.5t maximum permissible weight, a toll sticker (Vignette) has been required since 1997, while vehicles over a maximum permissible weight of 3.5t have been required since 2004 to pay a Go toll (GO Box). You must have a toll sticker as soon as you cross the border. They can be purchased at border crossings, petrol stations and from car clubs.
Safety vests are also compulsory in Austria for the driver and any passenger who leaves a car at a breakdown or accident.
General transport info:
You can get the latest information about road conditions on the website of the Austrian Automobile Club (ÖAMTC). Please also remember winter equipment for your car (snow tyres, snow chains) in the winter months.
With the train
Barrier-free travel with ÖBB and DB
Kufsteinerland is located on the international railway line from Munich to Innsbruck, Brenner and Verona. Kufstein is the station nearest the Austrian and German border, and all express and intercity trains stop there.
With the plane
- Innsbruck Airport (75 km - around an hour’s drive away » further information
- Salzburg Airport (100 km - around an hour’s drive away) » further information
- Munich Airport (140 km - around two hours’ drive away) » further information
Straight from the airport to your accommodation:
Enjoy a relaxing start to your holiday with Transfer Tirol. Flight passengers who travel via Munich or Innsbruck airport can take an environmentally-friendly and quality-tested transfer service from the arrival hall straight to any Tyrolean holiday resort – with return transfers also available, of course. The shuttle service can be easily booked up to 72 hours before arrival via the www.transfer.tirol.at website.
At all airports you also have the option of renting a car for international use.